National Weather Service United States Department of Commerce

Hazardous Traveling Conditions for the Midwest; Strong Pacific Storm Approaching

A storm will track across portions of the Midwest and into the western Great Lakes through Friday as a combination of a wintry mixture and rain will result in hazardous traveling conditions. A strong Pacific system will be approaching with high winds, and heavier rain and snow late Friday into the weekend with impacts spreading across much of the West. Across Hawaii, strong winds and high surf. Read More >

 

 

State of Missouri Weather Dashboard

Overview

WATCHES, WARNINGS, AND ADVISORIES

WEATHER STORIES

NWS SPRINGFIELD
NWS KANSAS CITY
NWS ST. LOUIS
NWS PADUCAH
NWS QUAD CITIES
NWS MEMPHIS

Current Conditions

LOCAL RADAR

SURFACE OBSERVATIONS AND ROAD CONDITIONS

Current Surface Observations MODot Gateway Road Cameras MODoT Travel Map ILDoT Travel Information

State Wide Forecast Maps

DAY 1 FORECASTS

Maximum Temperature Minimum Temperature Max Wind Gust
Heat Index Wind Chill

DAY 2 FORECASTS

Maximum Temperature Minimum Temperature Max Wind Gust
Heat Index Wind Chill

DAY 3 FORECASTS

Maximum Temperature Minimum Temperature Max Wind Gust
Heat Index Wind Chill
Storm Total (Days 1 -3) Forecast Precipitation Storm Total (Days 1 -3) Forecast Ice Storm Total (Days 1 -3) Forecast Snow

Thunderstorms

STORM PREDICTION CENTER MISSOURI SEVERE WEATHER OUTLOOK

SPC Convective Outlook for Missouri: Day 1 SPC Convective Outlook for Missouri: Day 2 SPC Convective Outlook for Missouri: Day 3

STORM PREDICTION CENTER NATIONAL SEVERE WEATHER OUTLOOK

SPC Convective Outlook: Day 1 SPC Convective Outlook: Day 1 Tornado Probabilities
"Probability of a tornado within 25 miles of a point. Hatched area denotes 10%+ probability of EF2-EF5 tornadoes within 25 miles of a point." (SPC)
SPC Convective Outlook: Day 1 Wind Probabilities
"Probability of damaging thunderstorm winds or wind gusts of 50 knots (58 mph) or higher within 25 miles of a point. Hatched area denotes 10% or greater probability of wind gusts 65 knots (75 mph) or greater within 25 miles of a point." (SPC)
SPC Convective Outlook: Day 1 Hail Probabilities
"Probability of one inch diameter hail or larger within 25 miles of a point. Hatched area denotes 10% or greater probability of two inch diameter hail or larger within 25 miles of a point." (SPC)
SPC Convective Outlook: Day 2 SPC Convective Outlook: Day 2 Tornado Probabilities
"Probability of a tornado within 25 miles of a point. Hatched area denotes 10%+ probability of EF2-EF5 tornadoes within 25 miles of a point." (SPC)
SPC Convective Outlook: Day 2 Wind Probabilities
"Probability of damaging thunderstorm winds or wind gusts of 50 knots (58 mph) or higher within 25 miles of a point. Hatched area denotes 10% or greater probability of wind gusts 65 knots (75 mph) or greater within 25 miles of a point." (SPC)
SPC Convective Outlook: Day 2 Hail Probabilities
"Probability of one inch diameter hail or larger within 25 miles of a point. Hatched area denotes 10% or greater probability of two inch diameter hail or larger within 25 miles of a point." (SPC)
SPC Convective Outlook: Day 3 SPC Convective Outlook: Day 4 Mesoscale Discussion

OBSERVED STORM DAMAGE

Storm Survey Information
Yesterday's SPC Storm Reports Today's SPC Storm Reports  

Precipitation & Flooding

WEATHER PREDICTION CENTER EXCESSIVE RAIN OUTLOOKS

Excessive Rainfall Outlook: Day 1 Excessive Rainfall Outlook: Day 2 Excessive Rainfall Outlook: Day 3 Mesoscale Precipitation Discussion

PRECIPITATION FORECASTS

24 Hour Precipitation Forecast: Day 1 24 Hour Precipitation Forecast: Day 2 24 Hour Precipitation Forecast: Day 3 Day 1-7 Total Precipitation Forecast

PRECIPITATION OUTLOOKS

Next Week's Risk of Heavy Precipitation 6-10 Day Precipitation Outlook 8-14 Day Precipitation Outlook 3-4 Week Precipitation Outlook
One Month Precipitation Outlook Three Month Precipitation Outlook

OBSERVED PRECIPITATION

Missouri Estimated Precipitation 24 Hour Precipitation Totals 7 Day Precipitation Totals 7 Day Accumulated Precipitation Percent of Mean

RIVER FORECASTS

Mississippi River Forecast Missouri River Forecast Missouri Gauge Map

Heat

DAYS 1-3 TEMPERATURE AND HEAT INDEX FORECASTS

Day 1 Maximum Temperature Day 1 Heat Index Day 2 Maximum Temperature Day 2 Heat Index
Day 3 Maximum Temperature Day 3 Heat Index Day 4 Maximum Temperature Day 4 Heat Index
Day 5 Maximum Temperature Day 5 Heat Index Day 6 Maximum Temperature Day 6 Heat Index
Day 7 Maximum Temperature Day 7 Heat Index

TEMPERATURE OUTLOOKS

Next Week's Risk of Hazardous Temperatures 6-10 Day Temperature Outlook 8-14 Day Temperature Outlook 3-4 Week Temperature Outlook
One Month Temperature Outlook Three Month Temperature Outlook

Drought & Fire

FIRE WEATHER OUTLOOKS

Fire Weather Outlook: Day 1 Fire Weather Outlook: Day 2 Fire Weather Outlook: Day 3 Fire Weather Outlook: Day 4
Fire Weather Outlook: Day 5 Fire Weather Outlook: Day 6 Fire Weather Outlook: Day 7 Fire Weather Outlook: Day 8

FIRE WEATHER GUIDANCE

Day 1 Minimum Relative Humidity (RH) Day 2 Minimum Relative Humidity (RH) Day 3 Minimum Relative Humidity (RH) Day 1 Maximum Wind Gust
Day 2 Maximum Wind Gust Day 3 Maximum Wind Gust Estimated 24 Hour Past Precipitation Total Forecasted Precipitation Days 1-7

FIRE WEATHER INDICES

Drought Monitor Palmer Drought Severity Index Keetch-Byram Drought Index Lightning Ignition Efficiency
10 Hour Dead Fuel Forecast 10 Hour Dead Fuel Observation 100 Hour Dead Fuel Observation

LONG-TERM CLIMATE GUIDANCE (CPC)

1 Month Temperature Outlook 1 Month Precipitation Outlook 3 Month Temperature Outlook 3 Month Precipitation Outlook
Evaporative Demand Drought Index (EDDI) The Evaporative Demand Drought Index is an experimental drouht monitoring and early warning duiance tool. It analyzes the atmospheric evaporative demand ("thirst of the atmosphere) over space and time and can be used to identify areas that will see increased moisture loss from evaporation (but does not take additional rainfall into account).

Cold/Winter Weather

MISSOURI PROBABILISTIC SNOWFALL FORECAST

Day 1-3 Storm Total Snow Forecast Day 1-3 Storm Total Ice Forecast Day 1-3 Probability of 1 in 10 Chance (10%) of Higher Snowfall Day 1-3 Probability of 9 in 10 Chance of (90%) of Higher Snowfall

PROBABILITY OF EXCEEDANCE SNOWFALL FORECAST

Day 1-3 Percent Chance of 0.1+" Snow Day 1-3 Percent Chance of 1+" Snow Day 1-3 Percent Chance of 2+" Snow Day 1-3 Percent Chance of 4+" Snow
Day 1-3 Percent Chance of 6+" Snow Day 1-3 Percent Chance of 8+" Snow Day 1-3 Percent Chance of 12+" Snow Day 1-3 Percent Chance of 18+" Snow

NATIONAL FORECAST PROBABILITY OF SNOWFALL

Probability of at Least 4 Inches of Snow: Day 1 Probability of at Least 4 Inches of Snow: Day 2 Probability of at Least 4 Inches of Snow: Day 3
Probability of Exceeding 0.25 Inches of Snow: Day 4 Probability of Exceeding 0.25 Inches of Snow: Day 5 Probability of Exceeding 0.25 Inches of Snow: Day 6 Probability of Exceeding 0.25 Inches of Snow: Day 7

DAY 1-7 MINIMUM TEMPERATURE AND WIND CHILL FORECAST

Day 1 Minimum Temperature Day 1 Wind Chill Day 2 Minimum Temperature Day 2 Wind Chill
Day 3 Minimum Temperature Day 3 Wind Chill Day 4 Minimum Temperature Day 4 Wind Chill
Day 5 Minimum Temperature Day 5 Wind Chill Day 6 Minimum Temperature Day 6 Wind Chill
Day 7 Minimum Temperature Day 7 Wind Chill

OBSERVED SNOWFALL

24 Hour Observed Snowfall 24 Hour Observed Snow Depth 7 Day Total Snowfall 7 Day Total Snowfall Percent of Mean